Sunday, January 15, 2012

Feeling the Pressure!

Hello Everyone!
I don't know about you, but I have always worked best under pressure.  I am also a huge procrastinator; both qualities I am trying to change about myself.  Over the past two years, I have started running to stay in shape and was fortunate enough to run a half and full marathon this past year.  But after my last race, I decided to take a break from my running regimen, and now I'm having a hard time getting back into it.  Up until this past week, my running was purely to stay in shape, so the motivator wasn't as strong as when I'm training for a race.  Well, thanks to my sister who called me up to run a half marathon with her this March 4th, my motivation is strong to get ready to run alongside her.  I know the great sense of accomplishment that comes from training hard and reaping the benefits as you cross that finish line, but boy, is it tough starting over again.  My husband always told me never to stop running completely, because the road back is a rough one, and if I'm looking to make changes to myself, maybe following the advice of my husband should also be one of those changes!

Gotta go, gotta run! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!