Wednesday, January 18, 2012

She's got the Look!

Hi Again,

I've always admired women and men who could put together an outfit and look so smart in it.  I do not have the gift of knowing what's fashionable and what's not.  In fact, I have a few friends who won't let me shop myself for fear of what I may come home with.  I like to dress in comfortable clothes and I don't care the brand or even the era in which such clothes come from.  So it's thanks to some close friends for their fashion know how that I'm able to be seen with them.  This card was made for my good friend Sandra, who to me, is a very smart dresser.  She is conservative and classy and that is why I chose this little image for her Birthday card. She has been entered into TGFM Farm Fresh Challenge #16- Get Sentimental.


This little girl is from the Greeting Farm and I just love her style!  She has been stamped with memento ink on Gina K cardstock and then coloured with copics.  I used a MS border punch, SB die around her, and a CB cupcake embossing folder behind her.  I paper pieced her purse to match the paper and added stickles to her hairband and some gold stickles to the hearts on her bag and the buttons on her boots.  I gave her boots some liquid glass to make them shiny and some blue rhinestones to surround her in bling. Lastly a ribbon and a butterfly embellishment to finish it off.

This is much like how my friend Sandra presents herself.  She's got the look, don't ya think?

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you Darlene; that's a really lovely thing to say and it really means a lot to me.

    I felt so very special when you gave me that card too. You can see all the work that goes into these cards and it can only mean that the recipient is loved! You're a wonderful person and a dear friend. xoxo (now give it back! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue!! Love the image, and i love this card! Nice work Ms. Lady!
    Alice B.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!