Saturday, January 28, 2012

Winter Retreat!

Hello my Friends,

Day two here at the Great Wolf Lodge, and all of us are having a great time!  Todd got up early to get into the waterpark when it opened at 9am, to beat the rush that comes Saturday afternoon.  The kids loved not having to wait to get on the slides.  I didn't choose to get up early, to climb stairs and get wet; instead I lined up at the spa to get a pedicure.  We all met in the room later for lunch and then it was Todd's turn to relax; he bought some pop, chips, a new book, and had a couple hours to kick back and read.  As a parent, places like this require some adult alone time to refuel for the non-stop activity.  I took the girls down to the craft room where they got to colour a t-shirt with some fabric markers.  I tried to offer my skills but they were having no part of it!  Then the three of us got glitter tattoos, and on the way back to the room, we stopped in the lobby and had balloons made into a  puppy and wolf for us.  By the time we made it back to the room, Dad was well rested.  Next stop, the arcade, to spend some tokens; Abigail cleaned up winning over 500 tickets (for most of them, she has no idea what she did to win...).  Hailey, on the other hand, struggled trying to keep up with her sister, so Dad purchased more tokens to even things up.  The goal was 500 tickets to win a mini stuffed wolf and raccoon, which they both were able to get with the help of Dad's buffer.  We had some dinner, where the girls were fixed on the TV like zombies, way too tired!  We headed back to the room for some down time before the story time at 8, and then got them to bed 'early'.

I now have the time to show you a new card made for Mojo Monday Challenge #225.  I always loved the look of colour blocking, but stink at the math, so I don't do it often.  This week's sketch was to use colour blocking, and they were very helpful with dimensions for those of us who are mathematically challenged.  So I decided to do a little baby boy's card.


These papers are by DCWV called Citrus.  I embossed the two blue squares, and used a button and little blue shoes on the orange ones.  In the centre, I used an EK Success border punch, and popped it from the page.  The word 'baby' is in suede like texture down the centre.  I used the green gingham ribbon to tie it all together.  I have to say it was worth all the effort now that it's done!!

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!