Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hope!

Hello Everyone,

I'm always amazed how certain things, that have always been right in front of me, and I don't notice it until it affects me directly.  For example, there are a ton of Toyota 4-Runners on the road, and until I bought one, I hadn't noticed them.  Well I am ashamed to admit that until Cancer hit my family, and made it personal, I did minimal to do my part.  The dreaded 'C' word first came when my Mom was given her news of 6 months to live and we lost her 5 months later.  It was the day we buried her that my older sister got her news that she had breast cancer.  I can't imagine how she felt that very moment, I'm sure it wasn't hope for her future.  Thankfully, she won her fight, and is cancer free, which I will forever be grateful to God for sparing her!  At the last Scrapfest in Kitchener, there was a vendor The TownScrapper who was selling cards and giving the proceeds to Breast Cancer Research, and I thought what a wonderful way to support the cause, so I bought some.  Here is one of the talented Ila Stackowich's cards.


I love this card, and will never part with it.  I have scraplifted it and made similar ones, and I just love how the designer paper sends the greatest message, 'hope!'

To all of you out there who are batteling cancer, or have lost loved ones, this card is for you!  I will never lose hope that God will answer our prayers and end cancer for good!  Thanks for joining me today!

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!