Friday, March 16, 2012

Thinking of You!

Hi friends,

I woke up this morning to more wonderful news to share, I won over at the Raise the Bar for my Lucky You card. I can't think of a better way to wake up happy!  I'm usually not a morning person but you wouldn't know that this morning!!

Yesterday was the start of a new challenge over @ Outlawz in The Twisted Thursday Challenge Group.  The theme for the week is 'Things with Wings'. Here is my card for a little inspiration.


I have to say this card ended up being one mistake that led to another that took this card into all different directions but I love how it turned out!  It reminds me of a little mexican house.  I used a sizzix mover and shaper die for the window frame and a Tim Holtz brick embossing folder for the siding of the house.  The border is a MS punch and the sentiment was embossed on a SB die cut frame. The shingles on the roof were created by a SU scallop border punch and the window flower box is a SB flower pot die that I cut to fit! I mixed some flower soft to match and added it to a dollar store branch to get the dimension I wanted!  The two butterflies were fussy cut out of my Mariposa paper pack to match!

Swing on over to The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge - Things with Wings  and share with me some of your newest creations!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Darlene. I love that window die and have it but not used it yet. Great job on this one and love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win at Raise the Bar, Darlene! Love the butterflies and the flowers on this project. Don't you just love that Mariposa stack? I've fussy cut more than one thing from those wonderful papers. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love your little house!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!