Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dress Up!

Hello friends,

It's that time again to get you creative juices flowing and to come over to Through the Craftroom Door for another fun and exciting challenge.  The theme for this challenge is a Mother's Day card and the added element is Pearls.  For some of us out there who may not have our mothers with us anymore, feel free to make it for a special friend.  Here is my card for a little inspiration.


This little cutie is by La La Land stamps and I thought she was perfect for this challenge.  She was coloured with copics and then cut out and matted on the oval.  The papers are Summer Blossoms by Close to my Heart.  The border punch is by EK success and the oval die is by Cheery Lynn.  I added stickles and a liquid pearl to the flower on her hat, liquid pearls in the centre of my flower embellishments and her necklace was given dimension with  liquid pearls as well!  She's all dressed up and ready to go!

Be sure to come and join me , I look forward to being inspired by your creative work! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Darlene! Love the happy colors and the super cute image! Fantastic coloring and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you at this time of the year Darlene, and I know in my heart that your mother watches over you. She would have loved your card, and she would be proud of you today.
    I love your card too, it's so cheery and bright. Huggz girlie :)S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Darlene, if that isn't the cutest 'dress up' image ever! Beautiful coloring and what a great job with the Liquid Pearls. I still have problems with that stuff but I'll continue practicing. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all your great creations and this one is no exception. Admire your great ability to colour.Always nice to see what you have been up to.
    I have given you the Liebster Blog Award and if you go to my blog http://littlebitsofcraft.blogspot.com.au/ and check it out. Thanks and keep up the great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, your card is so adorable with that darling image ! Coloured so beautifully ! Congratulations on receiving the blog award from Ina !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I really look forward to each and every one of them!!